Friday, October 12, 2007

Two Days To Go

After 6 race days, the competition is still tight and the last two days will be the toughest yet. With 5 races to go, Brad Funk and Andrew Campbell are solidly in first and second respectively, with Funk 6 points ahead. It should be a tight finish. There is another battle brewing for 3rd, with Clay Johnson, Trevor Moore, Ben Richardson, and Myself all within 3 points of each other.

The last two days have been disappointing for me, with a 10, a 12, and a 24. There were certainly some opportunities that I've missed, but I'm still in third place thanks to my early regatta consistency, and the important thing is that I want to finish this regatta HARD. I've trained for this for a long time, and despite the setbacks, this is still the culmination of a lot of work. So I'll leave it all on the water and leave it at that.

KEEP IT REAL.

2 comments:

Kathy McEwen said...

Hi John,

You are in a great position to go all out the next couple of days, anything is possible!!! We are rooting for you - Kathy, Brendan and Callum.

Unknown said...

Good Luck John!!